- This event has passed.
120 for $120
August 21, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
120 for $120 has become one of CAE’s signature fundraising events. For this exhibit and auction event, 120 works of art are collected throughout the spring and summer and exhibited during August. On the night of the gala event, ticket buyers scan the walls, building their lists of artwork that excites them. When the ticket buyer’s number is drawn they choose from the pieces that are still hanging. This year, the 120 for $120 exhibit opens for public pre-viewing on August 1, and the gala event is Friday, August 21 from 5-8 pm (drawing begins promptly at 6 pm). There are two ways to participate in the August 21 event–either in person or via Zoom. See below for all of the details.Purchase Tickets
Procedures for the Event:
CAE will be hosting 120 for $120 both in person and on Zoom. If you are planning to participate, below are the guidelines, along with an explanation of how event will be set up incorporating safety protocols due to the pandemic:
- Face masks covering your nose AND mouth will be required while inside and outside at CAE during the event.
- We will be serving drinks and cupcakes; however, eating and drinking may only take place outside.
- Selection process: Sara and Lisa will be in gallery facilitating the selections. You will receive an email prior to the event with your assigned number. All the numbers will be placed in the selection bowl. When Sara or Lisa draws your number from the bowl, it will be your turn to select your piece of art. We will bring patrons into the gallery in groups of 10 for art selection. Art selector ticket holders and their companion ticket holders will be welcome in the gallery. Once you make your choice, you may take your artwork and continue to watch the festivities on the screen set up outside the building.
- First Pick Tickets will be available for $25. If you would like to take a chance on First Pick please click here (https://evergreenarts.z2systems.com/np/clients/evergreenarts/eventRegistration.jsp?event=1425&) to purchase a First Pick raffle ticket. (Your raffle ticket does not guarantee that you will receive First Pick.) All First Pick raffle tickets will be put in a bowl and one (1) First Pick winner will be randomly selected promptly at 6pm.
- Outdoor Set Up
- One (1) 20’x20’ tent in front of the building. Allowing for social distancing, the tent will fit a maximum of 26 patrons.
- Two (2) 10’x10’ tents set up in front of the building located by the “Bell Statue” in the semi-circle. Allowing for social distancing, the tents will fit a maximum of 8 patrons each.
- Two (2) 10’x10’ tents set up in the CAE parking lot. Allowing for social distancing the tents will fit a maximum of 8 patrons each.
- Of course, there will be plenty of outdoor space available for social distancing that does not have coverage.
- In the event of rain, the 20’x20’ does have side covers. We can also safely allow up to 20 patrons in the classroom portion of CAE if there is inclement weather.
- Finally to add to the festivities we will have a $5 raffle with lots of fun door prizes!
- Remote Patrons: Please download the catalog online or pick up your hard copy in person, choose your favorites, and then print out the 120 for 120 bingo card. You will receive an email with your number prior to the event and the link to the Zoom meeting. Login to the Zoom meeting between 5-6 pm; selection will start promptly at 6 pm. Please turn your microphone on mute. Then listen for your number to be called. As artwork is claimed, we will cross images off on our GIANT BINGO card that will be seen on Zoom throughout the event. Follow along at home. When your number is called, you may choose from remaining images, turn on your microphone, and tell us your selection! Your artwork will be reserved and you may arrange a time for pickup. If you need your artwork shipped, we will connect with you after the event for shipping and payment information. After you have chosen you artwork, we would love for you to stick around and observe the festivities on Zoom.