- This event has passed.
120 for $120
September 10 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
120 for $120 has become one of CAE’s signature fundraising events. For this exhibit and auction event, 120 works of art are collected throughout the spring and summer and exhibited during August. On the night of the gala event, ticket buyers scan the walls, building their list of artworks that excite them. When the ticket buyer’s number is drawn, they choose from the pieces that are still hanging. This year, the 120 for $120 exhibit opens for public pre-viewing with a reception from 4-7 pm on August 13, featuring live piano and the usual sips and small plates. The gala selection event with drinks and dinner is Friday, September 10 from 5-8 pm (drawing begins promptly at 6 pm). There are two ways to participate in the September 10 event–either in person or via Zoom (link will be emailed to ticketholders). Selector tickets are $120 and additional companion tickets are $25.
More event details:
CAE will be hosting 120 for $120 both in person and on Zoom. If you are planning to participate, below are the guidelines, along with an explanation of how event will be set up incorporating safety protocols due to the pandemic:
- 120 for $120 on Friday, September 10 from 4:30-8 pm at Center for the Arts Evergreen
- Based on current COVID-19 incidence rates in Jefferson County, the Jefferson County Public Health department strongly recommends that all residents ages 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status, return to wearing a mask in indoor public spaces to minimize risk and maximize protection from COVID-19, including the highly infectious Delta variant.
- If you are not vaccinated, face masks covering your nose AND mouths are required while inside CAE during the selection process.
- We will be serving appetizers and have a bar. Eating and drinking will only take place outside or in the lobby. Please no food in the gallery.
- Preview process: We are all excited about the event and taking one last look before the selection begins. In order to keep everyone as safe as possible, we are offering preview sessions. This will allow us to limit the number of people in the gallery at any one time to no more than 50 people (25% of our capacity limit). You will be assigned a preview session based on the date of your ticket purchase. If you can’t make your assigned preview sessions, please stop in during business hours (9 am-5 pm) on T, W, or Th (September 7-9) to complete your preview.
- Preview session 1: 4:30-5 pm
- Preview session 2: 5-5:30 pm
- Preview session 3: 5:30-6 pm
- Selection process: Sara and Lisa will be in gallery facilitating the selections. You will receive an email prior to the event with your assigned number. All the numbers will be placed in the selection bowl. When Sara or Lisa draws your number from the bowl, it will be your turn to select your piece of art. We will bring patrons into the gallery in groups of 20 (plus one guest) for art selection. This will allow us to have no more than 50 people in the gallery at once. Once you make your choice, you may take your artwork and continue to watch the festivities on the screen set up outside the building.
- First Pick Tickets will be available for $25 or buy 5 for $100. You may purchase as many “chances” as you would like. If you would like to take a chance on First Pick please click here (https://evergreenarts.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/evergreenarts/eventRegistration.jsp?event=2187&) Your First Pick Ticket does not guarantee that you will receive First Pick. All First Pick tickets will be put in a bowl and one (1) First Pick winner will be randomly selected promptly at 6:05 pm. The remaining First Pick Tickets will be removed, and the status of all first pick ticket purchasers will return to “general selection pool”.
- Outdoor Set Up
- One (1) 20’x20’ tent in front of the building. This tent will have a television screen where you can see the live feed in the gallery, and audio so that you will hear your number when it is called.
- Two (2) 10’x10’ tents set up in front of the building located by the Bear statue in the semi-circle.
- Two (2) 10’x10’ tents set up in the CAE parking lot.
- Of course, there will be plenty of outdoor space available that does not have coverage.
- In the event of rain, the 20’x20’ does have side covers.
Remote Patrons: Please download the catalog online or pick up your hard copy in person, choose your favorites, and then print out the 120 for $120 selection list. You will receive an email with your number prior to the event and the link to the Zoom meeting. Login to the Zoom meeting between 5-6 pm; selection will start promptly at 6:05 pm. Please turn your microphone on mute. Then listen for your number to be called. As artwork is claimed, we will cross images off on our selection board that will be seen on Zoom throughout the event. Follow along at home. When your number is called, you may choose from remaining artwork, turn on your microphone, and tell us your selection! Your artwork will be reserved and you may arrange a time for pickup. If you need your artwork shipped, we will connect with you after the event for shipping and payment information. After you have chosen your artwork, we would love for you to stick around and observe the festivities on Zoom.