Clay Creatures (Kids 8-13 years) with Sunny Monaco
September 15 @ 3:30 pm - October 6 @ 5:30 pm
Clay Creatures! Hand building and Wheel thrown
Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:30PM (except for last class will be from 4-5:30PM)
- September 15th Discussion on wheel thrown and hand-built creatures – design & begin making pieces
- September 22nd Continue to make creatures and finish up details- prep to dry
- September 29th Glaze and fire pieces
- October 6th Unload kiln and critique (This class time will be 4-5:30PM)
Clay Creatures- mythological and or real?? You can design your own creature! This class is designed to explore different techniques of building, carving, decorating with slips(underglazes). Sunny will demonstrate some hand building/wheel throwing techniques to make your creature. The first 2 weeks of class will be dedicated to making the structures and the 3rd class will be glazing and firing the pieces.
The last class will be a critique and class discussion.
- Sketch book
- Apron to keep clean
- Any clay tools you would like to stamp/carve into the clay
COST: $100 CAE Member / $125/Non-Member
Class size is a minimum of 3 students and a max of 6 students