Effective use of Negative Shapes in Watercolor on ZOOM Afternoons with Randy Hale
January 12, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - February 2, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Winter, 2021: Afternoon classes start at 1 pm and run until 4 pm, each Wednesday
This class will be offered on ZOOM, not in person.
Four consecutive Wednesdays starting Jan 12, 19, 26, & Feb 2
$125 CAE Member/ $140 Non-Member
Afternoon class: EFFECTIVE USE OF NEGATIVE SHAPES in WATERCOLOR
- In this class we’ll use negative white shapes to help build effective compositions….
- We’ll discover the importance of shapes that connect and “lead” the eye.
- Restraint in eliminating detail so negative shapes “wash out” – allowing viewer to imagine as they fill in their own detail.
- Losing edges altogether where negative shapes connect.
- Start finding ways to stack or arrange a series of negative shapes to create rhythm or bridges to pull the viewer into your composition.
This class is intended for intermediate and above painters
Class size will be limited to 10 per CO.gov restrictions
Recommended/suggested list of supplies is available for participants
Instructor: Randy Hale