Effective use of Negative Shapes in Watercolor on ZOOM Afternoons with Randy Hale
January 13 @ 1:00 pm - February 3 @ 4:00 pm
Winter, 2021: Afternoon classes start at 1 pm and run until 4 pm, each Wednesday
This class will be offered on ZOOM, not in person.
Four consecutive Wednesdays starting Jan 13, 20, 27, & Feb 3
$125 CAE Member/ $140 Non-Member
Afternoon class: EFFECTIVE USE OF NEGATIVE SHAPES in WATERCOLOR
- In this class we’ll use negative white shapes to help build effective compositions….
- We’ll discover the importance of shapes that connect and “lead” the eye.
- Restraint in eliminating detail so negative shapes “wash out” – allowing viewer to imagine as they fill in their own detail.
- Losing edges altogether where negative shapes connect.
- Start finding ways to stack or arrange a series of negative shapes to create rhythm or bridges to pull the viewer into your composition.
This class is intended for intermediate and above painters
Recommended/suggested list of supplies is available for participants
Instructor: Randy Hale