- This event has passed.
Intermediate/Advanced Ceramics with Tanya Keith – Session II
January 31 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm$242
Instructor: Tanya Keith
January 17 – February 21 (6 Tuesdays)
4:30 – 7:30 pm
$220 CAE Members / $242 Non-Members
3 minimum / 5 maximum
Have you taken some beginning ceramics classes but feel you’re ready to take the next step? Would you like further instruction on how to improve and refine your ceramic work? Well, bring your project ideas to this Tuesday evening class with Tanya Keith of Luna Pottery and learn intermediate/advanced techniques for throwing, refining your trimming, and improving your overall ceramics knowledge and skills. Whether you want to learn how make bowls, mugs, pitchers, chip & dip servers, or flower pots this class will help you take your pottery to the next level. Clay is provided. Tools are available, feel free to bring your personal tools.
• Week 1 – Intro, studio tour, class demo – discussion of what pieces you wish to create, project planning – begin to make pieces
• Week 2 – Making, trimming, and prepping pieces to dry
• Week 3 – Making, trimming, and prepping pieces to dry
• Week 4 – Finish any pieces- Bisque firing
• Week 5 – Glazing all pieces – Glaze firing
• Week 6 – Unload glaze kiln! Class discussion/critique of work and studio clean.
Bring to class:
• Ideas and sketches – reference/inspiration photos
• Sketch book
• Apron & hand towel