Intermediate/Advanced Watercolor with Carol Newsom – Colors of Spring
March 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$182
Instructor: Carol Newsom
March 30 – April 27 (5 Thursdays)
10 am – 12 pm
$165 CAE Members / $182 Non-Members
Minimum 8 / Maximum 12
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 26Register for Class
Paint alongside an award-winning watercolor artist, Carol Newsom. This next session, we’ll be appreciating The Colors of Spring!
- Watercolor painting techniques, including gradated washes, wet-on-wet painting, wet-on-dry watercolor painting, dry brush, variegated washes, splattering, watercolor dripping, glazing, color mixing, and more!
- One-on-one, tailor-made, expert watercolor painting instruction by a professional artist and teacher
- Demonstrations and step-by-step watercolor lessons
- Painting a variety of subject matter, including landscape, still life, and abstraction throughout your watercolor classes
As Carol paints, the student will follow along and Carol will help and instruct each student as we proceed. Class sessions will be spent working from source photos.
Class size is limited to 12 students.
Students provide their own supplies for this class. Recommended supply list is below:
Watercolor paper. Any brand is fine. Either 300lb. Or 140 lb. but it must be COLD press. Bring several pieces.
A few brushes. A large flat brush. (One inch to 1 1/2 inches.) and a couple of others. The others can be your choice. # 6 is a good size. Maybe a #10 Nothing smaller than a #3. Synthetic or natural fiber is fine Escoda makes nice brushes for an affordable price.
Metal or plastic palette
Watercolor paints: (Your choice of brand)
· Neutral tint or black
· Burnt umber
· Hansa yellow. (Or any lemon yellow)
· Cadmium yellow (Or any pure bright yellow)
· Cadmium red
· Ultramarine blue
· Verifiable green
This is a bare bones palette. Other colors of your choice can be added.