Sell Your Artwork at The Painted Brush
Do you think your artwork would be a good fit for The Painted Brush? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your work. Then download The Painted Brush application and return it to us. If you are an Artist Member at CAE, you are guaranteed to have your artwork in our gift shop for at least one month per year. Click here to become an Artist Member.
The Painted Brush Creative Reuse Shop
What’s a Creative Reuse Shop?
A Creative Reuse Shop is like an art supply thrift store. Our goal at CAE is to make creativity accessible to EVERYONE by offering gently used creative materials to the community with pay-what-you-can pricing. We’ll accept donations of art supplies of all types (new and gently used). They’ll be organized in a retail fashion, and we’ll provide shopping opportunities so that ALL members of our mountain communities can find just the right copper, yarn, shade of oil paint, or artistic treasure for their masterpiece. All donations will be tax-deductible because CAE is a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization.
How Do I Shop?
The Painted Brush Creative Reuse Shop will be open on October 1st, 2020. We’ll send out notifications in our newsletter and on social media about new items as they are donated. The Creative Reuse Shop will be open during CAE’s normal business hours for shopping after October 1.
How Do I Donate?
Please send an email to email@example.com. Sara will contact you and set up a time for you to bring your donations to CAE.
What Will You Accept?
- Paint + Paint Materials: Acrylic, oil, watercolor, gouache, tempera, enamel, encaustic, window paint, window paint markers, chalkboard paint, paint mediums, palettes, easels, painting tools, canvas, stretcher frames, loose canvas
- Containers: Clean glass jars and tins, glass candle votives, pencil cases/boxes, art tackle boxes, cigar boxes, gift boxes, baskets, wooden boxes, buckets, pails, planters, storage containers
- Natural: Pine cones, driftwood, seashells, leather, twine, hemp cord, raffia, dried flowers, dried beans
- Beads: All types of beads, clasps, ear wires, metal jewelry findings, jewelry cord and wire, gems, raw stones, jewelry making tools and supplies, costume jewelry
- Wood + Tile + Glass: Planks and sheets of wood, usable wood scraps, dowel rods, popsicle sticks, bamboo, 2x4s, distressed wood, pallet wood, tile samples, corian samples sheets of tile, stained glass
- Tools: Wire cutters, jewelry tools, punches, awls, rotary cutters, scissors, X-acto knives, box cutters, replacement blades, glass cutting tools, heat guns, glue guns, pottery tools, carving tools, linoleum cutters
- Party: Gift bags, tissue paper, wrapping paper, crepe paper rolls, balloon weights, balloons
- Adhesives + Solvents: Glue sticks, Elmer’s glue, rubber cement, PVA, duct tape, scotch tape, masking tape, washi tape, spray paint, fixatives, turpentine, paint thinner
- Drawing Materials: Pencils, colored pencils, charcoal, graphite, crayons, chalk pastels, oil pastels, conté, markers, pens, pen and ink supplies, sketchbooks, chalkboard markers, chalk
- Textile: Fabric, yarn, needles, thread, thimbles, sewing notions, patches, fabric dyes, fabric paint, buttons, snaps, knitting needles, crochet hooks, punch needles, embroidery floss, cross stitch fabric, needlepoint materials
- Craft: Faux flowers, stickers, sheet foam, glitter, scrapbook paper, scrapbooks, pipe cleaners, pom poms, sequins transfer paper, transfer letters and designs, stencils, candles, wax, candle making supplies, craft kits, wreaths, wooden or metal letters and shapes, basket reed
- Metal + Hardware: Metal hardware (nails, screws, nuts, washers etc), sheet metal, rebar, foil, wire, hardware bits and findings, magnets, magnetic tape, sandpaper, sheet acrylic, copper and foil tape
- Office: Notebooks, lined paper, printer paper, folders, binders, binder clips, paper clips, tacks, post-it notes, mailing envelopes, greeting cards, sheet bubble wrap, staplers, staples, tape
- Paper Goods + Books: Art papers of all types, colored paper, cardstock, construction paper, printer paper, collage cut outs, posters, prints, maps, art books, art + design magazines, National Geographic magazines, vintage postcards and cards, paper rolls, contact paper, wallpaper, wallpaper sample books
- Miscellaneous: Frames, matboard, typewriters, kilns, camera supplies
Items We Cannot Accept
- Dried out paint
- Floral Foam
- Broken glass
- Liquor + wine bottles
- Food containers + containers with labels
- Body products (lotions/lip gloss)
- Packing peanuts
- Toilet paper + paper towel tubes
- Egg cartons
- Greeting cards with writing inside
- Home goods
- Stuck-together paint brushes
- Shreds of fabric