Wonders of Winter: December 11, 2020-January 8, 2021
Wonders of Winter Exhibition
December 11, 2020-January 8, 2021
Due to COVID Restriction this show will not have an official Opening Reception.
Opening Day: 2-5:30 pm on Friday, December 11; Awards on Zoom at 4:30
Discover an art show that captures the essence of the winter season: holiday celebrations, frosted landscapes, Nordic sports. Or maybe it’s the darker side of winter: winter blues or melting icecaps. Discover what the Wonders of Winter mean to you.
Unfortunately, we made the decision to cancel our socially-distanced Holiday Market in conjunction with the Wonders of Winter show opening. However, you can still purchase from our holiday market vendors online or stop in to the CAE gift shop during regular business hours for your holiday shopping needs.
Hear Me: Teen Show: January 22-February 20, 2021
Hear Me: Teen Show January 22-February 20, 2021
Guest Jurors: CAE Teens Arts Council & CAE Curatorial Committee
Now more than ever teens are interested and involved in social, political, mental health, and environmental issues that the world faces. As young people, these issues were passed on from previous generations, but teens are affected nonetheless. The demand for change seen throughout 2020 has empowered teenagers more than ever before. The desire for involvement in political, environmental, and social awareness issues is strong in the face of these difficult times. As a community, recognizing the power of our young people can keep their desires for change alive and help them find their voice.
Center for the Arts Evergreen’s (CAE) teen exhibition, Hear Me, seeks 2-D, 3-D, or video artwork that reflects on the issues that are most important to teenagers today and will provide a platform for others to see and understand today’s teenagers through their art. Hear Me: Teen Exhibition welcomes students of ages 13-18, in public, private, or home school to enter one piece of original artwork online at www.evergreenarts.org/HearMe. There is no entry fee for this competition and there are awards given for First Place ($200), Second Place ($150), and Third Place ($100). This exhibition will be curated by the Center for the Arts Evergreen’s Teen Arts Council with help from CAE staff and CAE’s Curatorial Committee. Click here for the Call for Entries and Submission Form.
Center for the Arts Evergreen has a variety of exhibitions in its main gallery. The exhibitions listed below are scheduled for the remainder of 2020 and 2021. Each all-call show (as marked) will have a Call for Entry posted in the coming weeks and months. Each Themed Show will have a Call for Proposals posted at least 6-16 weeks prior to the show opening date.
- December 11, 2020-January 8, 2021 Wonders of Winter
- January 22-February 20, 2021 Hear Me Teen Show: (ALL-CALL TEEN SHOW: Click here for the call for entries.)
- March 5-April 9, 2021 histordomest-icity: Melissa Furness & Rian Kerrane
- April 23-May 21, 2021 Getting Sideways: A Slightly Different Journey Through Life: Mike Arzt & Pat Milberry
- June 4-July 3, 2021 Sports Journeys: Richard Sullivan & Gail Folwell
- July 9-August 7, 2021 Love (ALL-CALL SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- August 13-September 10, 2021 120 for $120
- September 24-October 30, 2021 Rocky Mountain National Watermedia: (ALL-CALL SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- November 12-December 23, 2021 CAE Member Show: (ALL-CALL SHOW for CAE Artist Members: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- January 14-February 11, 2022 I’m Here Teen Show: (ALL-CALL TEEN SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- February 25-March 26, 2022 Silence. In the Absence of Noise: (PROPOSAL EXHIBITION: Call for Proposals is not open yet)
Due to Covid-19 CAE has made the difficult decision to postpone Portrayals of the American West scheduled for June of 2020 and A History of Evergreen scheduled for August of 2020. Please check back for updates.
We are proudly supported by: