120 for $120: August 1-21, 2020
120 for $120 is an important annual fundraiser for CAE. Our community of artists donate artwork that is exhibited in the gallery for a viewing period that is open to the public. The event culminates with an exciting and fast-paced selection night in which participants randomly select the order in which they get to choose one of the artworks on display. In 2020, more than ever, we are seeking our community’s support both through donations and attendance at the event. Please join us to celebrate the artists of this community and our beloved arts center.
Rocky Mountain National Watermedia: September 11 - October 24, 2020
The Rocky Mountain National Watermedia (RMNW) exhibition, in its 47th year, is presented by Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE) in Evergreen, Colorado. RMNW attracts entrants and jurors from throughout the United States and is regarded as one of the top watermedia exhibitions in the country. In 2020, RMNW will be partially supported by a Challenge America grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.
CAE is pleased to announce that internationally acclaimed painter, Linda Daly Baker AWS-df, NWS, will serve as the juror for the 47th annual Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition. Linda Baker, from Charleston, SC, is a representational watercolor artist whose paintings focus on capturing the light and shadows that transform images. She is a Signature Member of 8 watermedia societies and has juried multiple exhibits across the USA and internationally. Her work has been featured in the book, ‘Masters of Watercolor’ Artists by Konstatin Sherkov in Russia, and in multiple magazines including American Artist, The Artist Magazine, L’Aquarelle in France as well as the American version, The Watercolor Magazine, The Art of Watercolor, and the Splash series. She has consistently won awards in national and international exhibits since 2002, and her work was included in the 2012 Shanghai Biennial and the 2013 Shenzhen Biennial in China.
* Image is from the RMNW 2019 exhibition by Anne Hightower-Patterson
Urban Outlook: November 6-December 5, 2020
Urban Outlook: November 6-December 5, 2020
Guest Curators: Chris Krieg & William Krieg
Urban Outlook speaks especially to Denver with its history of cultural variety and neighborhood structure. The social aspects of city life including diversity, neighborhood landmarks, and street life are all welcome. Show us the people of all shapes, sizes, and colors, who give the city life. Life in cities other than Denver and other aspects of urban life such as industry, urban naturalism, fashion, traffic, and architecture are welcome as well. CAE currently has an Open Call for Proposals for this exhibition.
DEADLINE: August 15, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: September 15, 2020
SUBMISSION FEE: No Submission Fee, but all artists who are part of your proposal must be Center for the Arts Evergreen Artist Members ($50/year) to be considered.
Center for the Arts Evergreen has a variety of exhibitions in its main gallery. The exhibitions listed below are scheduled for the remainder of 2020 and 2021. Each all-call show (as marked) will have a Call for Entry posted in the coming weeks and months. Each Themed Show will have a Call for Proposals posted at least 6-16 weeks prior to the show opening date.
- August 1-August 21, 2020 120 for $120 (ALL-CALL SHOW & FUNDRAISING EVENT)
- September 11-October 24, 2020 Rocky Mountain National Watermedia (ALL-CALL SHOW: CLOSED to submissions on May 31)
- November 6-December 5, 2020 Urban Outlook (OPEN TO PROPOSALS until August 15, 2020)
- December 12, 2020-January 8, 2021 Holiday Cultures (ALL-CALL SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- January 22-February 20, 2021 Hear Me Teen Show: (ALL-CALL TEEN SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- March 5-April 3, 2021 TBD (Planning in process)
- April 16-May 15, 2021 TBD (Planning in process)
- June 4-July 3, 2021 Sports Journeys (PROPOSAL EXHIBITION: Call for Proposals is not open yet)
- July 9-August 7, 2021 Love (PROPOSAL EXHIBITION: Call for Proposals is not open yet)
- August 20-September 10, 2021 Resilience & Survival (PROPOSAL EXHIBITION: Call for Proposals is not open yet)
- September 24-October 30, 2021 Rocky Mountain National Watermedia: (ALL-CALL SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- November 12-December 23, 2021 CAE Member Show: (ALL-CALL SHOW for CAE Artist Members: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- January 14-February 11, 2022 I’m Here Teen Show: (ALL-CALL TEEN SHOW: Call for Entries is not open yet)
- February 25-March 26, 2022 Silence. In the Absence of Noise: (PROPOSAL EXHIBITION: Call for Proposals is not open yet)
Due to Covid-19 CAE has made the difficult decision to postpone Portrayals of the American West scheduled for June of 2020 and A History of Evergreen scheduled for August of 2020. Please check back for updates.
We are proudly supported by: